Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Marvelous Land of Oz

I`m in the middle of a public internet only phase right now so my posting has stalled more than what might feel like a good break.  Apologies all around.

In the meantime I`ve been reading The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. Frank Baum, the sequel to the original novel.  It`s an enjoyable and clever childrens novel.  Here is one passage that I felt was a profound bit of imagery:
Afterward, when they had stopped for a moment to allow Tip to rest, they saw forty roads branching off from their feet in forty different directions; and soon these forty roads began whirling around like a mighty wheel, first in one direction and then in the other, completely bewildering their vision.
It has something biblical and all encompasing about it that I like very much.

1 comment: